Thursday, July 5, 2012

Goal

I made a new goal for myself.  Over the next six months before I go back to school full time I'm going to get damn good at baking pies and breads.  I want to be able to quickly bake a loaf of bread without it being a big deal and I want it to be GOOD.  I don't even like pies that much but I want to have a "thing" that I'm good at.  At who doesn't like pie (myself excluded)?  So now that its in writing I have to do it, right?

So far I'm on a roll - 2 for 2.  Cherry pie on the 4th of July (next time I'll just use frozen cherries instead of the jars from Trader Joe's) and tonight I made a flatbread dough for pancetta, asparagus, mozzarella pizza.  I figure as long as I give it a try then I'm doing good and eventually I'll just find a rhythm.  Hopefully.

Here's to throwing out new goals into the universe and hoping they stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment